English For Beginners Volunteer Training Program
Interested in supporting adult learners new to the English language? Come to an information session to learn more about this new opportunity! Choose one of the following dates:
- Saturday, December 1; 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Henry Guest House
- Wednesday, December 5; 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. in the Henry Guest House
The English for Beginners class supports adults new to English in building communication skills in contexts that are meaningful and relevant to their everyday lives. Class activities are interactive and focus on skills and strategies related to vocabulary, listening, speaking and pronunciation, reading, writing, and grammar. The volunteer training program includes:
- a 1-hour information session (date and time listed above);
- a 3-hour training session (chose from two possible dates) in preparation for classes;
- and attendance at 8 or more English for Beginners classes (approx. 2.5 hours each).
Download a PDF here for additional details including class dates and times.