Adult Summer Reading
2020: Imagine Your Story
Welcome to our first ever online summer reading program! Beginning August 7, adults ages 18 and up are invited to register and log their reading at nbfpl.readsquared.com. All you need to do is read and log in 1 book before September 7 for a chance to win a prize!
The online summer reading program, designed to encourage life-long reading habits, awards you with points and virtual badges when you log the books you have read. As of August 20, you'll receive a completion certificate after logging just one book. The completion certificate (or one badge, for anyone who started the program prior to August 20) means you are eligible for a prize, including a chance to win a $25 gift card to a local business of your choice, from this list of participating stores/restaurants:
- Ay Caramba Seafood Restaurant and Fish market: 511 Livingston Ave.
- Deli Plaza & Salad Bar: 3 Elm Row
- Delta's Restaurant: 19 Dennis St.
- Destination Dogs: 101 Paterson St.
- Esquina Latina Restaurant & Lounge: 25 Liberty St.
- Freshii: 131 Neilson St.
- Fritz's: 115 Easton Ave.
- Harvest Moon Brewery & Cafe: 392 George St.
- INC American Bar & Kitchen: 302 George St.
- Indochine Restaurant: 371 George St.
- Jersey Subs: 380 George St.
- Kim's Bike Shop: 111 French St.
- Las Marias: 515 Livingston Ave.
- Mozzarella Cucina Italiana & Pizzeria: 40 Jersey Ave Unit B.
- Noodle Gourmet: 43 Easton Ave.
- Old Man Rafferty's: 106 Albany St.
- Stage Left Steak: 5 Livingston Ave.
- Steakhouse 85: 85 Church St.
- Taco House - El Taco Nazo: 115 French St.
- Thomas Sweet - New Brunswick: 55 Easton Ave.
- Utepia Bubble Tea: 48 Bayard St.
Thanks to Constellation Energy and the Friends of the New Brunswick Free Public Library for making this program possible.
Registering yourself: This videos shows how to register an individual, first using the website in a browser and then using the app.
Families registering together: This videos shows how adults can register themselves and their child(ren), first using the website in a browser and then using the app.
Wondering how you can get books from the library? We're offering "Door-side Pickup" and made a video to show you how it works: