As of March 14, 2020, the library closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please understand that we cannot accept donations until we fully reopen.
The library usually accepts donations of books, DVDs, CDs, and some other materials. Due to space limitations, the library can only accept a limited amount of donations at a time. Please call ahead (732-745-5108 x20) before bringing in materials.
We hold some guidelines for what is accepted and what is not. Please review them before preparing your donations to us.
- Books must be in good condition with no water damage, mildew, underlining or similar marring.
- Paperbacks must have covers.
- DVDs and CDs must be commercially issued and in good condition.
- All sets must be complete.
- Textbooks must be published within the last three years.
- No case law, condensed, or medical procedure texts.
- No magazines.
- No audio or video tapes, or LP records.
Library staff evaluate all materials to see if the items can be added to the collection. Materials not added to the collection may be sold at the Friends of the Library Book Sale.