The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. ~ Dr. Seuss
Here are some librarian-recommended sites to help you find a good read!
- Novelist K-8 is a database that helps you find just the right book.
- Scholastic Book Wizard allows you to search by reading level.
- Guys Read, a "web-based literacy program for boys."
- Coretta Scott King Award (given annually to "outstanding African American authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults that demonstrate an appreciation of African American culture and universal human values.")
- Newbery Medal (awarded annually to "the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.")
- Caldecott Medal (awarded annually to "the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.")
Check out the library’s GoodReads account to see what the Youth Services Librarians have read and/or might suggest!
Ms. Karen has created lists for pre-schoolers:
Ms. Chelsea has created lists of recommended titles for the middle grades:
Here are some other librarian-compiled lists of reading recommendations:
(Click on a subject heading to access a PDF of the list. Please note some titles may no longer be available in the library.)
As always, asking the librarian for help is highly recommended!
Back to top